Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Magenta Site is Up!

Magenta has re-vamped it's website, take a look at www.magentastyle.com
They have a fantastic selection of stamps from cutesy to vintage styles to choose from. Their stamps are high quality red rubber, and available wood mounted or cling style. They also have clear stamps, beautiful scrapbook papers, laser cut chipboard, die cut felt, and one of my favorite things - paper cuts, which are vintage image prints and scenery. While your there be sure to check out the gallery and the designers blogs for tons of inspiration. These are the new fall papers, just gorgeous!






These are some projects I made using Magenta products.
I used a canvas picture that I got at the dollar store for the base. I tore the paper off the back of the canvas to create a shallow shadow box. I painted the edge of the frame, and inside with antique white acrylic paint. The image in the top left corner is a Crafty Secrets image from the Birds and Botanicals booklet. I wrapped a wire around the frame and secured it in back to hang the bird post image from. The flowers are prima, and the buttons and lace are from my stash. I also added dingle-ball trim, and fringe to the bottom.


I used the bird post stamp, and the vintage letter stamp #95.214M for the images in the frame. I sprayed the paper for the letter with sand, and vintage pink glimmer mist. I sprayed the bird post image with old lace glimmer mist. The background paper is old sheet music, the image at the bottom right of the frame I cut from a book.


I used the weathered wood stamp #95.213M for the edge of the frame, with Tattered Rose distress ink from Ranger.

I made this little card using the Passions Printemps paper and the birds chipboard

You can easily spice up a recycled bottle by adding some bath salts, or whatever you want to fill the bottle, and then decorate with a stamped image and some ribbon, and other goodies.




I made this family mini album with the Passion Printemps line of scrapbooking papers, and the birds, butterflies and flower chipboard. Let me just tell you about this chipboard! It is laser cut, and the shapes are fantastic. You can ink,paint,sand,cover with patterned paper, glimmer mist them, the possibilities are endless. I also used the swirl stamp.

1 comment:

Jessica Rodarte said...

Cheryl,
I love your latest projects! :D I met Jennifer Priest at the Hesperia Market Night, and she gave me a card to visit the Divine Desert Divas site, and I saw you there. I recognize you from the scrapbook store in Victorville. I don't know if you'd remember me, but I went into the store a few times. I'm friends with Priscilla, who used to work there. Anywho. I'll be following you now that I found your blog. I love your projects. Kindly, Jessica