Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Pumpkin?



Yep, it's a real pumpkin. David brought this monster pumpkin home from the Upland Market on Halloween night. It weighs over 100 pounds. A pumpkin this large does create the obvious issue of what to do with it after Thanksgiving. I was unwilling to cut it up and cook it to make pies. Seriously, how many pies would a pumpkin this size make? Dont know, didn't want to know. We have dressed it up for every holiday since then. It is time for it to go. The kids tried to disguise it with Easter grass (the bunny ears wouldn't fit). It's too heavy to heft into the trash. We've had it so long it's almost a part of the family, almost. I think I am going to dig a place up in the back yard, chop it up and bury it. With any luck we will have pumpkins growing in the fall. I'm not really a gardening fan, so I don't know if this will work or not. Worse case scenario, the ground will get a nice fertilizing. Any suggestions?

No comments: