Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quite a few words...

On November 10 Jennifer Priest wrote a rather eloquent, and important blog posting called "Quite a few words". As I read this posting I thought I was going to cry! It is basically about the impending extintion of our LSS's if we don't do something now! This is something near and dear to my heart, not just because I am an employee of Scrapbook Blvd. but because I live scrapbooking. It is in my blood, and what will we do if there is no more LSS's? I don't want to blather on too much, but think of a world with only Michaels, JoAnns, and online stores for our scrappy supplies. No personal experience there. No one who knows your name, or your kids names. No one to help you (have you ever tried to ask for help at one of these stores? You know what I'm talkin' about. No one who knows what you like and calls you when your favorite paper comes in. No one to order that paper you need for your invitations or Christmas cards. No crops till midnight! You get the point. Please go to Jennifers blog - Hydrangea Hippo, I have a link to it here on my blog, and take the time to read this post. Hopefully, It will make everyone think about their LSS and realize it doesn't take alot to support these stores, who support us in our art of the heart. Also, I am teaching By the Sea, an acrylic album with a beach theme this Sunday. I still have some spots left, and this will be the last time I teach this class, so If your interested, come in or call Scrapbook Blvd to sign up, I'd love to see you there. That's all for now folks! Have a great day.

1 comment:

FancyNancy said...

I too was really impressed with Jennifer's writing about LSS's. But case in point I first saw and used a 'pink pig' at a tattered angels booth at a huge scrapbooking expo. I couldn't find one at my local craft store so found one on HSN for 75% less than the retail price. It was a closeout sale. So I ordered it. Even with shipping its was still almost60% less. Then I found a scrapbooking store about 20 miles from me. Love the place. And have purchased quite a bit. Found out they had the 'pink pig' but sold it for the mfg. suggested price. If I had bought it from them I could not have purchased other much needed scrapbook supplies from them. Hope that sentence made sense. I'm pretty new at scrapbooking and there really is a lot of basic stuff you need to do things right. So sometimes one has to make a trade off where you buy what when you only have so much to spend. But I DO buy most of my stuff at LSS. We have had several LSS close right around here so I know what Jennifer is talking about. And I do agree.